Thursday, February 6, 2014



I was really disappointed when I was shown my first MSDS  (Material Safety Data Sheet ). I thought it would contain awesome and specific countermeasures to any type of harm that could visit you from using that particular chemical. Something like, "To prevent blindness and death from ingestion of methanol, just drink vast quantities of ethanol (in your favourite booze form) to out-compete the more toxic byproduct for a place on your enzymes." Yeah! Staying alive with science!

Sadly, 99% of the MSDSs I have seen so far basically read, "Maybe try some fresh air...and possibly talk to a doctor." Thanks. Big help.